We keep records and documentation for the purpose of maintaining our charity. These include:
- Records pertaining to our registration.
- Landlord/lease documents and other contractual documentation pertaining to amenities, services and goods.
- Financial records pertaining to income and expenditure.
- Risk assessments.
- Employment records of our staff including their name, home address and telephone number.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of anyone else who is regularly in unsupervised contact with the children.
We consider our records as confidential based on the sensitivity of information, such as with employment records. These confidential records are maintained with regard to the framework of the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), further details are given in our Privacy Notice and the Human Rights Act (1998).
This policy and procedure should be read alongside our Privacy Notice, Confidentiality and Client Access to Records Policy and Information Sharing Policy.
- All records are [the responsibility of our management team who/my responsibility and I] ensure they are kept securely.
- All our records are kept in an orderly way in files and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Our financial records are kept up-to-date for audit purposes.
- We maintain health and safety records; these include risk assessments, details of checks or inspections and guidance etc.
- Our Ofsted registration certificate is displayed.
- Our Public Liability insurance certificate is displayed.
- All our employment and staff records are kept securely and confidentially.
We notify Ofsted of any:
- change in the address of our premises
- change to our premises which may affect the space available to us or the quality of childcare we provide
- change to the name and address of our registered provider, or the provider’s contact information/my name, address or contact information
- Change to the person managing our provision
- significant event which is likely to affect our suitability to look after children; or
- other event as detailed in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2017).
- Genera Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (2018)
- Human Rights Act 1998
|This policy was adopted by||Orchard Preschool and Playgroup|
|Date to be reviewed||September 2021|
|Signed on behalf of the provider|
|Name of signatory||Gemma Houghton|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||Preschool Manager|
- Accident Record (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2017)
- Accounts Record (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2015)
- Safeguarding Children (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2013)
- Recruiting Early Years Staff (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2016)
- People Management in the Early Years (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2016)
- Financial Management (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2010)
- Medication Administration Record (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2017)
- Daily Register and Outings Record (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2018)
- Dynamic Risk Management (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2017)
- Complaint Investigation Record (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2015)