We maintain the highest possible security of our premises to ensure that each child is safely cared for during their time with us.
Children’s personal safety
- We ensure all employed staff have been checked for criminal records via an enhanced disclosure with children’s barred list check through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Adults do not normally supervise children on their own.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Whenever children are on the premises at least two adults are present.
- We carry out risk assessments to ensure children are not made vulnerable within any part of our premises, nor by any activity.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children.
- The times of the children’s arrivals and departures are recorded.
- The arrival and departure times of adults – [staff,] volunteers and visitors – are recorded.
- Our systems prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems prevent children from leaving our premises unnoticed.
- We only allow access to visitors with prior appointments.
- Our staff check the identity of any person who is not known before they enter the premises.
- We keep front doors and gates locked shut at all times. Back doors are kept locked shut at all times where they may lead to a public or unsupervised area.
- We have installed entry phones and ‘spy holes’ in the main door at a suitable height.
- The personal possessions of staff and volunteers are securely stored during sessions.
- Minimal petty cash is kept on the premises.
|This policy was adopted by||Orchard Preschool and Playgroup|
|Date to be reviewed||September 2021|
|Signed on behalf of the provider|
|Name of signatory||Gemma Houghton|
|Role of signatory (e.g. chair, director or owner)||Preschool Manager|
- Dynamic Risk Management (Pre-school Learning Alliance 2017)